Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Workout 1

                                                   June 30, 2014

I wanted to create a page where I can post some of my workouts. Since having my little one I've been really excited to get back to the gym and regain my strength and endurance. My body, however, doesn't seem as thrilled. Having a baby takes quite a toll on the body (don't mind my Captain Obvious-ness...) so I have had to learn to take things slow and work back up to where I use to be pre-pregnancy; which has been a challenge in and of itself, but I've enjoyed it.

The one thing I have really wanted to work on is re strengthening my core. I went soft towards the end of my pregnancy and ignored my core quite a bit, and now I'm paying for it! If I can give one piece of advice to anyone wanting to exercise during pregnancy, which should be EVERYONE, do NOT forget your core! It helps so much with labor and delivery AND recovery. With that said, I wanted to post a workout that I've done a few times now. I came across a youtube series called, "Pilates Summer Series". The instructor, Robin, spends 3 weeks toning every part of the body in preparation of summer and "bikini season". She focuses on one area of the body each day. I haven't completed the whole series yet, but I am loving Robin's ab workouts. Today I did days 1 and 6, both ab workouts. Each of them separately is great! The reason I did both, was because I wanted a little extra challenge, and boy did I get it! The other thing I love about these series and her workouts is that they are safe for women who are post pregnancy trying to rebuild and reconnect the diastasis recti (the muscles in your lower abdomen that stretched and thinned during pregnancy. So without further ado..

Today's workout:
Summer Series Day 1
Summer Series Day 6
12 "girl pushups" (knees on the floor)
12 tricep dips
12 wide arm pushups
(repeat arm series twice)
12 burpees.

Try it, let me know what you think?  

No comments:

Post a Comment