Friday, August 1, 2014

Vacation Yays and Woes

We are about to embark on our first vacation with a little one! Needless to say... I'm kind of intimidated, no... VERY intimidated. Once the realization set in that our trip is coming up in less than 2 weeks, I've been thinking about anything and everything for this trip. What to pack, what to leave behind, what baby will and won't need, if I'm going to eat my in-laws out of house and home, (I'm nursing and I snack... a lot) if I should buy my own snacks, should I bring diapers or buy diapers there, to bring the pump or not bring the pump, if this trip is going be amazing or if we're going to traumatize our daughter forever, you know, just little things...

In all seriousness though, we are thrilled to be taking this vacation. We haven't been back to Utah since the move to Texas. There are a lot of things we miss about good 'ol 45. Our families, first and foremost. Our dear friends we met in our college days, the MOUNTAINS, drier climate, fry sauce... you get the idea. ;-) Our trip will begin with camping and some much needed BOATING for Matt and I in Flaming Gorge. After a few days we'll head back to the in-laws and celebrate our nephew's 1ST BIRTHDAY and continue to visit with friends and family. Matt and I are also making a little getaway up to Logan for a day, where we went to school and fell in love (insert sappy "awws" here please). This is going to be a pretty jam packed trip. I hope our little Kins will survive! I, for one am really excited! I've never been to Flaming Gorge, but from the pictures and other peoples accounts, it looks and sounds amazing! I can't wait to share all the pictures and details!
Heber City, Utah
Logan, Utah

**If anyone wants to share any advice on what and what not to pack, or things to do in Flaming Gorge, if you've ever been, please leave a comment! Any extra tips would be greatly appreciated for this first time traveling mom. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment