Thursday, January 9, 2020

5 months old (Derek)

Derek is five months old now. And here comes the classic line after that sentence... "I don't know where the time has gone!"  In all seriousness this is my favorite time in the baby year. I love months 5-9. There is so much development that goes on I feel like that's when babies really start to develop their personality and open up. Derek is such a smiley baby and he loves being around people, which is the nice way of saying he can't be put down for a second! Sometimes he's in rare form and he'll chill on his play mat for a minute while I put a load of laundry in the wash, or can fill my dishwasher with dirty dishes or heaven forbid, interact with my other children! But most of the time he is literally attached to my hip. He is a mamma's boy through and through, and honestly... I don't hate it. He is a good little buddy and when he is attached on said hip, he's pretty easy going and just happy to be wherever I am.

Kinley is pretty obsessed with him and does everything she can to get him to laugh. Haley interacts with him every now and then, but sometimes Derek is so entranced by Haley when she's around and it's so fun to watch! Derek is still pretty chill for the most part and we are excited to see what comes next!




No comments:

Post a Comment