Thursday, July 20, 2017

Eleven Months

Dear Haley,

Happy 11 months! Where has the time gone? Seriously, this can't be right that you are almost a year old! Time has flown, but I have loved watching you grow. You are such a darling and sweet little girl. Your smile lights up my day, but your scream is almost deadly! You keep me on my toes, that is for sure!

-You have 5 teeth
-brown eyes
-strawberry blond hair (I hope that is here to stay)
-a full head of hair, although thin, it's still a full head and it's still growing
-The only real word you still say is, "Mamma" although you are jabbering more and more
-You eat everything we put in front of you. So far, I think you are allergic to cucumbers, and you don't enjoy avocado very much, but those seem to be your only complaint
-You are learning to walk!

Technically you took your first steps when you were still 10 months. It was July 2nd. We were out in the backyard of Gigi and Grandpa's house. Dad and I were playing with you on the grass and you took your very first steps! We were thrilled for you! I would have preferred you wait another month... or three, but I am still so proud! You still prefer crawling as your main mode of transportation, but you are getting better and more confident with yourself all the time.

We love you, sweet girl. Your laugh is infectious, you are SO busy! You love to explore and are always on the move! You still are not all that snuggly. You don't mind being held, but as far as rocking you before bedtime, like I still do with Kinley, you don't seem to care for it. All you need to fall asleep is your "sleepy elephant", your thumb in your mouth, and sleep sheep on the "whale" setting. You still take two naps a day and sleep great at night. You wake up whenever Kinley does, because let's be honest, the WHOLE family wakes up when Kinley does. And as far as your relationship with Kinley goes, it's... sort of hot and cold, with cold being more dominating. I hope as you and Kinley get older you will start to get along better. I'm sorry for all the abuse you put up with from her, but just think, it will make you stronger, and I'll let you get a push in every now and then to even the score. ;-)

We love you little Hales. We couldn't imagine our family without you. You are sweet and spunky and curious and smart! We wouldn't have you any other way!


Love, Mom











No comments:

Post a Comment