Thursday, May 11, 2017

Nine Months

Dear Haley,

You are nine months old! Officially been out as long as you were in! So much has happened it seems like this past month!

-You weigh 17 ish pounds
-You are 26 inches long (you are short and round and mommy wouldn't have you any other way!)
-Still have only 2 teeth, but one is on the way
-Still sleep through the night
-Started trying table foods
-Crawling
-Starting to pull yourself up

Miss Haley, you. are. thee. squirmiest! You love to move and roll around. It takes Dad and I FOREVER to change your clothes or diaper because you squirm so dang much! Last month you were only scooting yourself backwards, but now you are crawling everywhere and getting into everything! There is nothing that you don't put in your mouth and Dad and I are back to super baby proofing everything! We have to watch you like a hawk because of the things you have snuck into your mouth! You are now starting to pull yourself up to standing on couches and anything sturdy. I don't think you are going to take as long to walk as Kinley did, which makes me a little sad, but I get it; you want to be off keeping up with your big sister. I hope you keep crawling a little longer though, it's good for your brain.

You still love to watch Kinley and get into everything she is into. She is still having a hard time sharing and you are starting to have an opinion on her sharing as well. Before she would take things out of your hand and it would barely phase you, you would just move on to the next thing. Now, if she tries to take something you have no problem sharing your feelings about it, loudly. I'm not complaining though. It's understandable and we are working with her to be more open to letting you play with her. She will get there soon enough.

You still sleep through the night and are still taking two naps a day. You are starting to stay awake a little longer though, so I am having to adjust your nap times, which makes me sad because you aren't going to be taking your afternoon nap with Kinley anymore, or at least for awhile. However, the bright side of that is that you and I get to have some one on one time while Kinley sleeps.

You want to be so independent, little miss. You want to try and feed yourself and you are getting better, but you still need some assistance from Mom and Dad. You are going to be your own little person, that is for sure. I tell all our family and friends that I have a feeling you are going to give us a run for our money. Kinley is sassy, yes, but you can't wait to grow up and be independent. Just try not to grow up too fast! These past nine months already seem a little fast. That may be in part to me wishing those first three months away, which I apologize for. I am not one of those mommy's that enjoys the newborn phase. And both you and Kinley were tough newborns.

Despite all that, I hope you know how much we adore you, Haley! Your smile still fills my heart with joy and you have been the perfect little addition to our family! Can't wait to see what you do this month!

We love you!!

Love, Mom













No comments:

Post a Comment