Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day

Today on this special day I wanted to write a special post to 3 amazing men who have been wonderful fathers!

The first is my papa. He was an amazing dad to my mom and my aunt. He was an even more amazing Papa to my sisters and cousins. He taught me to laugh and to be silly and to never take yourself too seriously. He taught me to enjoy all aspects of life and to always be optimistic. He taught me that every situation or problem I had could be related to either of story of when he was in the military or a story about baseball. And he made sure to tell me those stories... in great detail, I might add. But I loved listening. He taught me that there are very few things better than a back scratch, someone brushing your hair, a good home cooked meal... and a big papa bear hug. I loved the days I spent with my papa. I'm so grateful that I had so many days to spend with him. I miss him all the time. But I can't wait to one day see him again and have him greet me with his famous Papa hugs!

file:///C:/Users/Matt/Pictures/gallery%20wall%20photos/Jamie-Papa%20Pic%203.pdf

Next is my own dad. Out of all three of us girls, everyone always said I was the daddy's girl. My dad taught me to go after the things I am passionate about and to follow my dreams. He taught me to be honest and about the importance of building a good reputation. He taught me to always work hard for the things that I want and that the things that are of most value in life require work, but the result is always joy! He taught me the value of an education, to always work hard in school, to never quit and to never stop learning. He taught me to stand up for the things I believe in and he showed me what a strong testimony of the Gospel looks like. He taught me to love and to be kind to others and that "two wrongs never make a right". He always believed in me and he made me believe in myself. I love my dad so much. I could never thank him enough for being there and for showing me what a great dad looks like.

Last but not least is my dear husband, Matt. Even though he has only been a father for a short time, he has been and will continue to be a wonderful one. Seeing the way he looks at our daughter brings joy to my heart and sometimes tears to my eyes. He loves her so much and is always in such awe of her. After he comes home from a long day at work ,the first thing he does is take Kinley in his arms gives her a big hug and kiss.

He has big plans for her and is always talking about things he wants to teach her and prepare her for and things that he wants to do with her later in life. He already says that he is the only man she'll ever need.  He loves holding her and watching her grow and seeing her beautiful smile. Kinley loves him so much as well! Her and I both are so lucky to have him in our lives.

Happy Fathers Day to all the fathers out there who have influenced my life. There are so many more that I could name, but these are my 3 favorites. I love each one of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment